Monday, July 9, 2012

Engine Going in Today!!!!

Well it has finally happened. Peter has totally corrupted me. I am as happy and excited today, with the engine going in, as if it were Christmas morning.

A trip to West Marine is now like a trip to the local mall. And I won't even start on the discussion of a trip to Home Depot or Lowes.  I have no idea of how long I will need to be home for me to normalize.

On the drive to the marina this morning, we had been talking about wouldn't it be wonderful if we turned the corner to see the crane moving the engine into the boat. We have had so many disappointments, that I said I thought I would cry if they weren't working on our boat. When we got to the boatyard, our boat was not even in its normal place, it had been moved. That was the beginning of the good news. And when we found the boat, the engine was sitting beside the boat waiting for an operator to move it into the boat.
And that is going to fit through that small opening. I don't want to be around when this happens.

This started 2.5 months ago. I guess patience is a virtue, but it certainly takes its toll.

We left them to their work and made our way back to Cypress Trees. Bought some Kentucky Fried Chicken and some wine to celebrate tonight.

We may have turned the corner on this part of the story. Now we only need to hear from the people in Fairhope Alabama that they have built our exhaust manifold. A quick trip to Fairhope to pick it up and return and we can be underway. (Fairhope is about 10 hours one way from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment