Wednesday, April 11, 2012

And when I was Seventeen my dad bought me a puppy

So I guess its been a while. My retirement years have been active up to this point.

I have learned that it gets too hot in southern Florida. Sometimes the heat will make you do strange things. A three day visit can turn into a three week stay forcing married people to occupy the same room all through the night.

I have learned that Perkins is an old indian word for "Land where no man fears sunburn". Those indians are still getting their revenge against the white man by forcing him to willingly go down into dark places and contort their bodies into unimaginable shapes causing pain that lasts far after the rescue team has extracted the would be mechanic from this innocent looking dungeon.

There is, directly beneath our feet an ecology where salt water, anti-freeze and engine oil combine to form an environment where ants thrive, towels thrash when wound around driveshafts and strange smells exude if we don't keep every available means of ventilation in play. Visits to this chasm become addictive. It seems that the engine can find small bubbles to hold safely within the injector pump until it is time to start her up in the morning when the engine fires up, revs way up and since the pump can't pump air the engine dies and you are once again hearing the lorily maidens calling you to their lairs.

I have learned that you don't have to wear your seat belt in Marathon. It just costs $116 for the privelidge if you get caught. The policeman says that I should carry my passport at all times while driving my car but he seemed upset so I made allowances for him.

I have learned that one should never casually read the classified ads in strange towns. It can be expensive, especially if you are vulnerable to "Boat for Sale" ads.

I have joined the "Fillet and Release" fishing academy.

That is all that comes to mind at present. Remember to "Keep your stick on the ice"

Captain Pete and Admiral Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment