Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drummond Island to Mackinack (Mackinaw) City

I went for a walk on Drummond Island before we left. I would have liked to spent some time in their museum but it didn,t open til 1pm. However I did find a plaque honouring the memory of an old woman who was the first woman inhabitant here in the early 1800,s. Her husband died and she self schooled her 11 children with the same values she had carried with her from her CANADIAN background.
Nothing too exciting happened today. I felt I should run into something just to have something to report! We left Drummond Island down through Detour Channel, hung a right at the light and headed over toward Mackinack City where we hoped to stay while some bad weather passed. Around 5pm we needed an Ice Cream fix so we stopped off at Mackinack Island. This place never ceases to amaze me...after an Ice Cream cone, some low cal fudge and the smell of fresh horseshit on our shoes we were back on the boat, heading for Mackinack City five miles away.
Mackinack Marina employees directed us to tie up at dock 56 right nest to some other Loopers we had met near Macrea Lake with Brian and Carolyn a couple of weeks prior. Small world.
The wind is starting to howl. I will check the ropes and crawl in the sack with old dead eye and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment